The Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Month....

Tuesday, February 8, 2011


(1 month old - 9/16/08: Our first picture of you after your successful extubation. Doctors from all over the unit stopped by to see the baby that no one thought would make through the first night)

Dearest Kennedy,

I can't believe I have had to endure one month on this earth without you! I knew that this day was inevitable, however, knowing that you were never going to live a full long life still hasn't made loosing you any easier. My arms long for your warm body, my ears search for the sound of your voice, my nose yearns for the smell of your breath, my eyes continuously scan for the sight of your beautiful blue eyes, perfect button nose, long curly shiney red locks, and rose red lips and my heart aches. I miss you more than most will ever understand.

The thought that your absence on this earth is permanent is a hard concept to wrap my mind around. However, I am very comforted in the simple fact that I was able to immerse myself in your presence for almost two and a half years. I was given the best gift when god blessed me with the most perfect baby girl.

We all miss you so much. There is not a day that passes that your name is not spoken or a one of your pictures doesn't catch my eye. Daddy has been keeping busy getting your brothers room all ready for his grand entrance on May 2, 2011. I know you will be there front and center with the best seat in the house.

I got Grammy a gift from you. It is a hand painted personalized wood plaque which reads, "I wouldn't be so spoiled if someone would just spank Grammy". She loves it! As you know better then anyone - I hate change. But as with anything, I am learning to adapt. I yearn for the day when we reunite, but until then I will continue to remember you by sharing your story - to anyone and everyone that will listen (and even to the ones that won't LOL). I am the women I am today because of you Kennedy and for that I am eternally grateful.

I love you and miss you everyday!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy too


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Living Creekside said...

Beautiful letter...super big hugs, my heart feels your pain ..
LaDawn