The Peanut Gallery

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Proud

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dearest Kennedy,

As I reflect upon your life today I am overcome with emotions. The logic of medicine said you should have never lived as long as you did, but you had plans of your own. You were such a fighter. We were told over-and-over that it would take a miracle for you to leave the NICU alive. Your Daddy and I were so very proud to carry you through those hospital doors on Thursday, October 16, 2008. We were then told that it would take a miracle for you to live to celebrate your first birthday and when you accomplished that feat let me tell you something, we celebrated and danced like we had won the lottery. Day in and day out we were overjoyed and in awe in your presence. You were so head strong and determined (I wonder where you got that from?) Doctors didn't give us much hope. According to them, it was only a matter of time before your journey here on this earth would draw to an end. You fought on.....

You lived:
  • 2.41 Years
  • 28.89 Months
  • 125.41 Weeks
  • 878 Days
  • 21,068.85 Hours
  • 1,264,131 Minutes
  • 75,847,860 Second
You were such a fighter. You made it quite evident that this was your journey and you were going to be responsible for writing the ending to your story. No one was going to dictate to you how your life would turn out. I must tell you Kennedy I am so very proud of you. I was given the most amazing gift of life on Wednesday, August 13, 2008. The way I feel about you can only be described as the way a parent must feel when their child becomes president or finds a cure for cancer. You spoke few words and were here on this earth for such a short time, but the impact that you have had on myself and others is unbelievable.

You continue to live on inside of me! I celebrate your life daily. This world will never forget you!

I love you,
Mommy and Daddy too

4 comments:

Designs by Hollie said...

You're such a great Mommy!!!!!

Unknown said...

I spent the wee dawn hours in Indiana reading your whole blog, from now March 2011 to the beginning....found it by accident, then was inspired by your immense strength and your partnership with your husband. I know I was reading backward, slowly discovering Kennedy and her gifts to you in reverse. But it works that way too (her story) ending and just beginning with your same sweet sense of mothering something great. Now I can't stop thinking about your journey...I feel like a soul-sister waiting for your new Spring baby and celebrating Kennedy in my head and heart. You just never know who your lives will touch, but I'm grateful I found your story to encourage my own steps through hard times. Thank you for sharing publicly your story of true love and please keep posting; strangers you've never met are moved by your words, and bouyed by your insight. I'm just a nobody, but you made my morning more meaningful and my day brighter by blinding me with your sheer joy at having such a special child, and I pray you find some small comfort in knowing that your daughter continues to change lives for the better. Gratefully, Amy

Shannon Cecil said...

Stephanie, you always make me cry.

vesper said...

I have been following your blog for several years. I do not know you and found your site because I am a nurse and was doing some research on a neurological disorder.

I am so thankful for your blog and your inspiration. Your faith comes through and your love shines.

I never knew Kennedy, but her legacy will live in me, and your ability to share her and her life is inspiring.

God bless you and your family.