The Peanut Gallery

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Simply Perfect........

Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I feel like the luckiest person alive to be afforded the luxury of staying home with my daughter Kennedy.  There are some days when Kennedy and I just sit on the couch all day long.  We talk, play, cuddle, watch TV, and sleep together.  I do not treat Kennedy very different then most of you treat your children.  There are times I find myself running errands together and I catch people staring or I hear someone comment either directly or indirectly.  I don't label Kennedy as a child with special needs, she just requires some different accommodations.  I see a beautiful girl who is a spitting image of her daddy.  She has gorgeous red hair, fare skin, and mesmerizing blue eyes.  

Kennedy has a great life in spite of the cards she was dealt........She is in no pain, she looks around the room in utter amazement, she now recognizes our voices, she coo's, smiles.....I am still not sure why Kennedy was created this way, but what I do know is that she was handmade specifically for Brian and me.

Even though Kennedy can't move, sit up, walk, crawl etc......I feel blessed every day to have her in my life.  She has taught me so many lessons in such a short period of time.  She has made me a better person; more caring, understanding, patient, wiser, etc....  I'm thankful for every single second of every day that I have with her.  

We continue to stay very positive and upbeat, treating each and every day as a new adventure.
  

3 comments:

Reta said...

Kennedy is so lucky to have you and Brian in her life! miss you guys.

Sarah Bug said...

At times I read your blog and cry my eyes out, other times I visit and feel complete inspiration. Your and Brian's strength is amazing, and although I know in this blog you are not only telling Kennedy's story but you are also sharing your live's, I have to say, you are reminding others to live each day to the fullest, and be thankful for all they have.

Thank you.... we appreciate it!!!

Twins & a Toddler said...

YEAH Kennedy!
We will be out of town on august 15th:(
but my address is 34911 stadler street
beumont ca 92223
Do you guys want to come up yo our pool a week from wed and go swimming? Or we can go to the outlet? They are having a huge sale!!!